Friday, December 23, 2011

In Pursuit of your Purpose


And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
I won’t lie.  I used to be jealous of women who worked from home, and those women who were doing what they loved to do!  Now I am on the other side of the river, doing what I love to do!  Please don’t be mad at me, I am here to help you get there too!
Don’t get me wrong…I still go to work at a 9 – 5 every day.  The only difference is that now I have uncovered my purpose and I am living it.  The 9 – 5 pays those bills that still exists in spite of being called to a purpose.
There are many reasons you should walk in your purpose.  There is a saying that when you love what you do; you never work a day in your life.  SO TRUE!  Besides, you can’t take your destiny with you.  Don’t be the person wishing you had did things differently when it is too late.  Act NOW!
Admittedly, getting started is the hardest part.  First you have to figure out WHAT your purpose is.  It should be a combination of what you are good at, what you like to do, and what people will pay you for.  (Just because it is your purpose doesn’t mean you work for free now, let’s keep it real).
Once you figure out your purpose GO.  Don’t wait for the wind to blow in a certain direction; don’t wait for the sun to set just right.  Don’t even tell a lot of people.  Actions speak MUCH louder than words.  GET GOING. Believe in yourself and your purpose, even as you believe in GOD’s ability to fulfill your destiny.
Finally look around you for the resources that you can use to be successful.  If you don’t have them, then start working to build them.
Sounds easy huh?  Well it is.  After all, fulfilling your purpose and walking on the path that God set out for you will make your journey a blessed one from the start.  When you are doing what you are meant to do you will find that doors open up for you, when once there were no doors.  God will bless your path and what you need will be presented to you.  But first you MUST SEEK YOUR purpose.  Your pursuit starts NOW!  Ask the LORD to guide your heart and your steps and it shall be done.
Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment